The Y.O.U./Daycare was opened in 1994 as an extended service of Youth Opportunities Unlimited to provide quality childcare services to Teen Parents attending the Y.O.U. G.E.D. Progra. Quitman County Development Organization operated the Daycare until 2005 and transferred sponsorship to Youth Opportunities Unlimited. The Daycare was renamed the Y.O.U. Daycare and Early Learning Academy.
The. Y.O.U. Daycare and Early Learning Academy is a privately owned, not for profit learning center here to provide quality day care for children ages six weeks to 5 years of age. The center is designed to meet the individuals' needs of young children through creative fun and stimulating experiences. We believe that parents will serve as an essential element and intellectual development of the children being served
Young Children need:
1. All the love and attention they can receive
2. A stable and secure environment that is clean and safe
3. A loving environment that allows for maximum individual growth
4. Time to gain knowledge about the world around them through hands on experience
5. To be l listened to, read to, spoken to, and sung to.
6. To develop socially, emotionally,physically, and intellectually through positive experience
7.To express themselves freely through carious media such as art, music, dance, and play
8. An environment that stimulates learning and allows for individual growth from infancy on
9. Excellent role models
10. To have fun being a child
Y.O.U. Daycare and Early Learning Academy's primary goal is to provide the best possible care to enhance the growth and nurturing of each child.
Our facility is a place where parents can feel comfortable in knowing that their child is receiving quality child care service.